Monday, June 17, 2013

One of My Biggest Ah-ha! Moments - Ben Eads - "Biggest 'Ah-Ha!' Moments in Writing."

One of My Biggest Ah-ha! Moment
by Ben Eads
One of my biggest “Ah-ha!” moments I've experienced as a writer happened about two years after I started taking the craft seriously in 2008. I received a critique from a fellow writer. It was for a short horror story I had written. As I was reading it, I realized--unbeknownst to me at the time--there were places I was interacting with the reader's sub-conscious. Well, folks, that's when I began to realize that writing is, in fact, magic. 

This totally changed the game for me. Myriads of things came from this simple observation. The biggest being this: A reader should feel as if they are co-creating the story as they are reading it. The writer is invisible. 

-Ben Eads



Ben Eads was born in Florida at the meager age of 0, and he still resides, 32 years later, within its semi-tropical suburbs. A true dark fiction writer by heart, he wrote his first story at the tender age of 10, although it is fair to say that it wasn't the best piece of literature to ever flow from a pen, and most certainly never saw the insides of a publishing house. Now, years later, Ben has had short stories published in various magazines, e-zines and anthologies, and is currently working on his first novella.

Ben is one of my good friends and a very good writer. You can find out more information about Ben here and here.

No comments: