Thursday, October 26, 2017

Review - Dead-end Demons - Jeffrey Beesler



For some reason, Amazon won't let me post this review, only allowing me to give a rating of stars without any text. So, I'll post the review here:

Dead-End Demons, by Jeffrey Beesler, is the second novella in the Horrors of Helensview series. I liked the first book, though Jeffrey was still growing as an author and it wasn’t perfect.

This second book blows that first novella out of the water. Jeffrey has grown tremendously as an author, exploring themes of greed and change, death and forgiveness, even racism and loss.

Dylan, who lost his brother in an explosion in the events of the first novella, is visited by an old acquaintance who Dylan mistook for dead. Will the old acquaintance and Dylan team up to stop a demon menace, or is there more to the picture than what seems?

The writing is great. The themes of greed made me think about current politics. I found it funny that the main antagonist got all their money from inheritance, which reminds me of people in office these days. Division and race are themes explored as well, as the antagonist tries to put a wedge between family with the help of money and lies.

This novella reminded me of Supernatural meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 4.5/5

I’m happy to see Jeffrey’s amazing growth in writing. I know his books will entertain for years to come as he continues to write.

Find it here.

No comments: