Friday, October 7, 2011

Paying it Forward ~ Part 1

The Pay it Forward blogfest starts on the 14th, but I thought it would be great to get a jump on things by posting up some great blogs. For this blogfest, we sign up and go to various sites. Each blog should have links to a couple blogs they think everyone should know about. This way, we all meet new people we wouldn't have found any other way. Here's the list:



So, going through a few at random now. I'll be back.

Back. Okay, there are some really good blogs out there. Here are just a couple that I found interesting on this trip in.

Tara Tyler Talks
has a great article on picking genre, as well as a list of links to other articles about genre. If you are looking to write your first book, this might be a good place to start.

Donna Hole brings up an entirely different search engine when planning out our books or hitting the wall of writer's block. She suggests we talk with our kids.

I'll be posting a few other blog hops and links to good blogs, so stay tuned. If you have time, hop around and meet some new people through the list offered above. You'll be happy you did.

~Draven

PS. We didn't get any responses to Brian Moreland's novel excerpt. I know it was good, so I hope you take some time to buy a new book. This comes highly recommended by superstars in the genre of horror.

5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

And I follow both Tara and Donna already!
Thanks for promoting this blogfest. Next Friday will be awesome.

Unknown said...

Happy to, Alex. The blogfest is a great idea. I can't wait, so I thought I would start early.

Draven

Notes Along the Way with Mary Montague Sikes said...

Thanks, Draven, for visiting my blog and for posting this list. I love it that you are a stay at home Dad. Since I teach art in the elementary school two days a week, I know how important dads are to their little children. One little boy in kindergarten brings a different photo of his father with him to class every week. It's endearing.

Monti
NotesAlongTheWay

Tara Tyler said...

awesome! thanks so much for the spotlight!
i was afraid to enter your adult only site, but i braced myself and dove in. its not so scary in here =)

Unknown said...

Monti - Thank you for stopping by. My kids are everything to me. They aren't carrying around my picture for school, but we get along great. But it is more about being the father than the friend, when it comes down to it. I'm a military man, so discipline is important to me.

Tara - Glad you didn't get scared off. The adult tag is just for scary stories with cussing or violence in them. I don't post them often, but they do get posted. Hope you enjoy your Halloween.

Draven